North of Scotland Regional Network 1 - Minutes - 26 July 2019

Minute of North of Scotland Regional Network 1

Meeting held in AB1 Building, 48 Huntly Street, Aberdeen

on Friday, 26th July 2019 at 11.00 a.m.

 

Present:

 

Bill Chapman

Chair

BC

Cameron Grant

Vice Chair

CG

Leonora Montgomery

Secretary/Treasurer

LHM

Steve Byrne

Committee Member

SB

Alasdair Mackenzie

Committee Member

AM

Gerald Low

Committee Member

GL

Colin Stewart

Committee Member

CS

Ruth Fraser

Committee Member

RF

Tom O’Brien

Committee Member

TO

Patricia Millar

Committee Member

PM

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance:

 

John Duncan

Observer

JD

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Apologies:/Absent:

 

Susan McLellan

Scottish Government

Apologies

Derek Wilkie

Committee Member

Absent

Alice Bovill

Committee Member

Absent

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Item

 

Action

 

1.

 

 

 

Welcome, Introduction and Apologies

 

BC welcomed all especially TO and PM as this was their first Meeting and introduced JD, Resident of Aberdeen City Council who had requested to attend as an Observer.  All were then asked to introduce themselves and Apologies were given as stated.

 

Declarations of Interest

 

CS declared being a Board Member of the SHR.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BC

 

 

 

CS

 

2. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minute of Meeting held on 14th June 2019 and

Matters Arising

 

This was proposed by CG and seconded by AM as an accurate record

of the Meeting subject to the removal of an extra ‘a’ on Page 2. 

 

Matters Arising

Item 4 – Fire Safety Consultation Response – GL advised that he had

attended 3 different events on this and had participated in the response

submitted by his Group.

Item 4 – Short Term Lets Consultation Response – GL advised that

he did not attend the Group Meeting to formalise this as he felt he had

a ‘conflict of interest’ as two of his friends are involved in Short Term

Lets.

BC asked Members views on the Meeting to discuss Consultation

Responses only and all felt this was the best way forward for the future

as it was extremely beneficial having everyone involved and agreeing a

response.

Item 4 – Annual Assurance Statements – TO advised that he has

asked his Landlord how they intend involving their Tenants and

Residents in this and is still awaiting a response.

 

 

 

 

 

LHM

 

 

 

 

GL

 

 

 

GL

 

 

 

ALL

 

 

TO

 

3.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Treasurer’s Report

 

LHM advised the following -                                            £

June 2019 – Bank Account Opening Balance               12.57 Cr

                     Deposits for the Month                         1,500.00

                     Less Expenditure for the Month           1,318.82

                     Leaving a Balance of                              193.75 Cr

                     Petty Cash Opening Balance                   86.21 Cr

                     Deposits for the Month                             50.00

                     Less Expenditure for the Month             120.06

                     Leaving a Balance of                               16.15 Cr

 

LHM stated that any Member wishing reimbursement of their Expenses

credited direct to their Account, should advise her of the Sort Code;

Account Number and exact Name on the Account to enable her contact

the Bank to arrange this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ALL

4.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Business Matters

• Code of Conduct Signing – LHM handed a copy to each Member

  present for agreement and signature.

• Constitution  - The standing down of one third of the Committee (4

  Members) at our next AGM was discussed and agreement was

  reached that the fairest way for this to be carried out would be

  alphabetically.  This means that at our 2020 AGM – AB; SB; BC and

  RF would stand down but be eligible for re-election.  Other issues re

  wording of the Constitution was also raised and the agreement was for

  this to be an Agenda Item at our September Meeting.

 

• Newsletter Update – SB advised that no Draft Copy was available

  as they were still awaiting BC’s Report and photographs from SM.  It

  was therefore agreed that a copy should be forwarded to all Committee

  Members by the end of next week, or soonest thereafter, for comment.

• Chairs Meeting with Audit Scotland  - BC reported that this had been

  a very good Meeting with several issues and concerns being raised.  It

  was also agreed that these Meetings would continue on a regular

  basis which was good news to all present.  The Chairs had also

  suggested that Audit Scotland be invited to our next National

  Conference to give a Presentation and all thought this an excellent

  idea.

• Chair’s Meeting with Orkney Council and Orkney HA – BC

  advised that agreement had still to be reached on a suitable date for

  all.  The use of Video Conferencing was raised again and all agreed

  that this should be looked into and instigated given our wide

  geographical area.   

• Observers at Chairs and Secretaries Meeting on 6/8/19 – BC

  advised that TO and PM were next on the list to attend as all other

  Members had attended at least one Meeting.

• Website – CS advised that despite emailing SM he had heard nothing

  further on this and had checked and found no change with the old

  Website still showing.  All were disappointed to hear this and asked BC

  to raise at the Chairs and Secretaries Meeting.

• SHR Liaison Group – BC advised that the date has to be changed

  from September as George Walker and Michael Cameron cannot

  attend until October.  BC will therefore email all Members of the Liaison

  Group to advise the new date.

 

 

A.O.C.B.

• Aberdeenshire TP – RF advised that they were getting no further

  forward with this even though they had been part of the Government’s

  ‘Next Steps’ programme.  Finding it very difficult to progress.  Also

  asked how this could be escalated as she was unclear as to what went

  where from the Regional Networks.  BC explained that serious issues

  were first of all taken to the Chairs and Secretaries to see if any other

  areas were experiencing the same problems.  A Plan of Action is then

  devised and evidence obtained to raise with the SHR and/ or Housing

  Minister to progress and resolve.

 

  TO advised that Angus were awaiting with interest a TIS Report on the

   ‘Next Steps’ programme.

• Housing to 2040  - GL raised this and wanted to know when the

  Consultation date was.  CS advised that he, together with LHM/RF and

  JD had attended an Event with the Housing Minister in Aberdeen last

  week regarding this and the points raised were noted to be included in

  a provisional Report to be issued ahead of the Consultation in ‘the

  Autumn’.

• Scottish Land Commission Survey – SB raised this and will forward

  link for this to LHM for distribution to all.

 

 

BC asked TO and PM what they thought of their first Meeting and both

  agreed that they had found it very interesting and informative and felt

  able to contribute.

 

BC also asked JD and he stated that he also found it interesting and

  informative.

 

 

 

ALL

 

 

 

 

 

 

ALL

 

 

 

 

SB/AM

 

 

 

 

 

 

BC

 

 

 

 

BC

 

 

BC

 

 

 

BC

 

 

 

BC

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RF

 

 

TO

 

 

 

 

 

ALL

 

SB/

LHM

 

 

 

TO/PM

 

 

JD

7.

 

 

Date, Time and Venue of Next Meeting –

 

Friday, 6th September 2019 at 11.00 a.m. in the Scottish

Government Offices at AB1 Building, 48 Huntly Street, Aberdeen.

 

 

 

ALL

 

 

 

 

 

Publication date
Publication type
Minutes