North of Scotland Regional Network 1 - Minutes - 09 July 2021

Minute of North of Scotland Regional Network 1

Meeting held on Friday, 9th July 2021 at 10.00 a.m.

via Zoom

Present:

Colin Stewart

Chair

CS

Alasdair Mackenzie

Vice Chair

AM

Leonora Montgomery

Secretary/Treasurer

LHM

Steve Byrne

Committee Member

SB

Gerald Low

Committee Member

GL

Derek Wilkie

Committee Member

DW

Tom O’Brien

Committee Member

TO

Liz Richardson

Committee Member

LR

 

 

 

 

In attendance:

Susan McLellan

Scottish Government

SM

 

 

 

 

Apologies:/Absent:

Cameron Grant

Committee Member

Absent

Susan Mcaleaney

Committee Member

Absent

 

 

 

 

 

Item

 

Action

1.

 

 

Welcome, Apologies and Declarations of Interest

CS welcomed all to the Meeting and advised that no Apologies had been received.

Declarations of Interest – CS gave his for being on the SHR Board.

 

 

CS

2. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minute of Meeting held on 30th April 2021

This was proposed by GL and seconded by SB as an accurate record of the Meeting.

Minute of Meeting held on 21st May 2021

This was proposed by GL and seconded by AM as an accurate record of the Meeting.

Matters Arising

There were no Matters Arising for either.

 

 

 

 

 

 

CS

3.

 

 

 

 

 

Treasurer’s Report

LHM advised that as there had been no expenditure during May or June

from the Bank Account the Balance remains at £1,651.40 Cr.  The

Petty Cash Balance in May was £24.25 Cr and LHM purchased a book

of 12 Second Class Stamps at a cost of £7.92 leaving a balance of

£16.33 to carry forward to June.  There being no expenditure in June,

the balance remains at £16.33.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

LHM

4.

 

Business Matters

• Age, Home and Community Group Report – SM stated that since

  our last Meeting she had contacted the Chair of this Group and was

  advised it would not be continuing in it’s present form but under a new

  format, which is still being worked on.  SM will advise us when she

  knows more.

• Website Update – CS advised that the only thing left to complete was

  the subscription service and had been unable to contact Civic but

  hopes this can be resolved in the next couple of weeks.  CS also

  advised that he had trained the other Regions on how to use

  Basecamp.

• Chairs and Secretaries Group Report – CS and DW were the

  Observers at this Meeting on the 4th May 2021 and most of the items

  were on our Agenda today.

 

  LHM also advised that the next Meeting was on 3rd August 2021 and

  suggested LR and SMca be the next Observers.  All agreed and LR

  confirmed her attendance.  LHM to contact SMca after Meeting to see

  if she can attend.

• SHR Liaison Group Update – LHM advised that the Pre-Agenda had

  taken place last Tuesday (6th) and LR had also attended therefore,

  both will be attending the RN/SHR Liaison Group Meeting on the 17th

 July 2021 where we will be giving them our Group and Region Updates;

 AGM and Consultation Events updates and discussing their National

 Panel Report on Covid19.

• Communications Group Report – SB was unable to attend but CS

  was there and advised that he had organised training for the other

  Regions on how to upload Minutes, etc and the Newsletter will be done

  shortly.  Promotion Leaflets and Flyer together with a three-fold sheet

  for Landlords will also be completed.  Moving forward, once the

  subscription service is live, LHM will no longer have to send Minutes,

  etc to TPO’s as these will be readily available to them using this

  service.

• Rent Focus Group Report – CS advised that they had a

  presentation on the Swedish model which is totally different from ours

  and their Rent includes Heating and Electricity.  The Group also looked

  at Affordability and the Toolkits available, some of which do not take

  into account all the household bills.  The Group is therefore going to

  take this forward.

• HRA Group Report – GL reported that the Group discussed the

  validity of the Guidance as this is not enacted in Law.  SM has not

  heard anything further on this but will give an update on this to

  Hugh McClung once she has.  Group also discussed that some Local

  Authorities are better than others regarding involving Tenants and

  other Service Users or even giving them information. 

• Scottish Housing Charter Consultation Response by 9th

  September 2021 – Not all have attended these events as yet so after

  discussion it was agreed that a separate Meeting should be held on the

  Friday, 13th August 2021 at 10.00 a.m. via Zoom in order to formulate a response which SM will attend to. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SM

 

 

 

 

CS

 

 

CS

 

 

 

 

LHM

 

 

 

 

 

LHM

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CS

 

 

 

 

 

 

CS

 

 

 

 

 

GL/SM

 

 

 

ALL/

SM

 

5.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A.O.C.B.

• Photo of New Committee for Website – After discussion it was

  agreed that all should take a ‘selfie’ or send a photo to CS. 

• Meeting Dates for 2022 – LHM had worked these out to be Fridays,

  11th February and 8th April and Saturday,14th May for our AGM.

• Meeting with New Housing Minister – GL asked if there had been

  any progress on this and SM advised that Shona Robison has

  accepted the Regional Networks invitation sent by Hugh McClung and

  is awaiting confirmation of the date.

 

 

 

 

CS

LHM

 

 

 

SM

 

 

6.

 

Date and Time of Next Meeting –

(Friday, 13th August 2021 at 10.00 a.m. via Zoom for Consultation

 Response).

 

Committee Meeting – Friday, 3rd September 2021 at 10.00 a.m. via

Zoom.

 

 

 

 

ALL

 

 

ALL

 

Publication date
Publication type
Minutes