North of Scotland Regional Network 1 - Minutes - 17 December 2021

Approved Minute of North of Scotland Regional Network 1

Meeting held on Friday, 17th December 2021 at 10.00 a.m.

via Zoom

Present:

Colin Stewart

Chair

CS

Leonora Montgomery

Secretary/Treasurer

LHM

Steve Byrne

Committee Member

SB

Gerald Low

Committee Member

GL

Liz Richardson

Committee Member

LR

Sue Mcaleaney

Committee Member

SMca

 

In attendance:

Susan McLellan

Scottish Government

SMcL

 

Apologies:/Absent:

Alasdair Mackenzie

Vice Chair

Apologies

Cameron Grant

Committee Member

Absent

Derek Wilkie

Committee Member

Absent

Tom O’Brien

Committee Member

Absent

 

Item

 

Action

1.

Welcome, Apologies and Declarations of Interest

CS welcomed all to the Meeting and gave Apologies as stated.

Declarations of Interest – CS gave his for being on the SHR Board.

 

 CS

CS

 

2. 

 

 

 

 

 

Minute of Meeting held on 29th October 2021

This was proposed by GL and seconded by LR as an accurate record

of the Meeting.

Matters Arising

None.

 

 

CS

 

ALL

3.

 

 

 

Treasurer’s Report

LHM advised that as there had been no expenditure during October and

November the Balances remain at - Bank £1,651.40 Cr and Petty Cash

£16.33 Cr.

 

 

 

 

LHM

4.

 

Business Matters

• Website Update – CS advised that this was working well although still

  waiting for the Subscription Service to be added.  CS and SMcL are

  Meeting Civic this afternoon and hope that this will finalised as they

  want it launched at the TPAS Conference in February 2022.

• Chairs and Secretaries Group Report – CS advised that Bruce

  Cuthbertson had given a Report on his Zest Meeting.  Feedback on

  the Meeting with Shona Robison MSP, Cabinet Secretary and Patrick

  Harvey MSP was given when both stated that the cost of EESSH will

  not impact on Rents.  Feeback was also given on the Training

  Sessions and Office Bearers Training.

 

  Next Meeting is on 8th February 2022 and LHM stated that AM and

  SMca were the next on the Rota to attend.  SMca confirmed her

  attendance and LHM to contact AM re this.

• SHR Liaison Group Update – LHM advised that the Pre Meeting for

  this is on 6th January 2022 when they will formulating Questions

  for the Meeting with George Walker and Michael Cameron on the 18th

  January 2022.  LHM therefore requested all to forward any Questions

  they may have to her by the 5th January 2022 together with Area

  updates, if any.

• Communications Group Report – CS that the Trifold Leaflet is at the

  Printers and the Newsletter is nearing completion.

• Rent Focus Group Report – CS advised that ‘A New Deal for

  Tenants – Draft Strategy Consultation Paper was due out soon and

  that someone from the Scottish Government would be attending the

  Group to help formulate a response.  SMcL advised that someone from the Scottish Government will  also be attending each Regional Network

  Group to help with their response.

• HRA Group Report – No Meeting has taken place since our last

  Meeting.

• Communications Strategy – All had been sent a Draft Copy of this

  and CS went through it Page by Page highlighting changes made so

  far.  Copies have also been sent to all other Regions and CS asked

  Members to go through it and if they had comments/suggestions to

  forward these to him.  CS also advised that he had hoped to show

  the final version at the TPAS Conference however, it was felt that this

  would not be completed by February 2022 so the aim is to have it

  complete for the AGM’s.

 

 

 

 

CS

 

 

 

 

 

CS

 

 

 

LHM

 

 

 

 

 

LHM

 

CS

 

 

 

 

CS/

SMcL

 

GL

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CS

 

5.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A.O.C.B.

• Charter Review Responses – A copy of this Report had been

  forwarded to all and some felt it showed a pretty poor response rate.

  SMcL advised that this looked worse that it actually was as both TIS

  and TPAS had held several Events with numerous attendees but

  submitted only one response which covered all.

There being no further business, CS wished all a Very Merry Christmas

and a Happy New Year with all hoping that 2022 would be a much

better year!

 

 

 

 

 

SMcL

 

 

 

6.

Date and Time of Next Meeting –

Friday, 11th February 2022 at 10.00 a.m. via Zoom.

 

ALL

 

Publication date
Publication type
Minutes